Here's the list of Free Python software that I wrote:
- Utilities dealing with Tumblr blogs.
- WSGI dispatcher
- My minimal WSGI dispatcher. Since mod_python is no longer maintained, I looked into this alternative to connect Apache to Python (source).
- last.fm Charts
- Gets the weekly last.fm chart and generates an Atom feed from the few top played artists (source).
- Gets links with a specific tag from delicious.com and mails them to an address.
- Fetches RSS feeds and submits contained Torrent enclosures to Transmission with its RPC interface. Filtering is done with regular expressions.
- My first Google App (source code). It displays the 95 theses of the Cluetrain manifesto. I tried to make a kind of minimalistic design; the idea being that the theses speak so strongly themselves, I don't have to add much else ;-)
- My Python reimplementation of blagg, Rael Dornfest's RSS aggregator. Depends heavily on Mark Pilgrim's Ultra-liberal Feed Parser.
- mailgate, mailconf and maild
- A suite that gets mail from a POP3 account and delivers it to a local SMTP server. These scripts have been in use for years at the company where I formerly worked.
A program and framework that updates your dynamic IP address (if you have
a dial-up connection to the Internet) at a few dynamic DNS providers. Works
with dyndns.org, yi.org,
eyeP.net, ez-ip.netand GnuDIP. Additionally, it can be used to set your computer's uptime at the Uptimes Project.
- A simple Jabber client using pyxmpp. It echos sent messages and allows to plug in arbitrary functions. The provided example watches the end of a log file and sends any appended lines.
- A simple SMTP proxy.
- The fragmentary beginnings of a syslog server.
- A time protocol server (RFC 868). This was my first try at writing socket stuff in Python.
- A mod_python CGI script to “watch” TV. Dysfunctional since the TV card is no longer in the server.
- Web utilities for mod_python scripts.
- A utility to insert GPS EXIF tags info JPEG images (requires exiv2).
- A utility that generates a GPX file from a bunch of geo-tagged images (requires exiv2).
- A Rhythmbox plugin that posts the currently playing song into my sidebar.
Here is the Textile documentation.